Page 1 from 'Flame Girl - Origin' (Nov '18 - Lucky Comics)



Here are the three steps, pencils, inks and half tones finishes.It was my first experience with B&W comic art. And as I already thought, really when thinking about B&W one has to see different concepts of how when one makes comic art to be colored. My style here is not a noir standard. But I think I looked for somewhere between the classic and the modern. Perhaps I have had a predominant influence of the art of Mark Schultz in his first series of Xenozoic Tales. Perhaps the reader can feel this influence. What I am sure of is that for a long time I had not experienced something so free and fluid. The layouts were resolved very quickly and, were it not for the work of the first panel, I would have done the whole process one day. On the second day I managed to finish the inking and the half tones. This first panel is something really special, since I added there elements that were not in the script and that were approved. I liked to draw the Bugio with his puppy in the tree in the left corner.

Comments

Popular Posts